VANILLA VITAL PROTEIN PANCAKES
- 2 tablespoons Vanilla or Strawberry Vital Protein
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 large egg whites
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons organic extra virgin oil
1. Sift protein powder, coconut flour and salt together in a batter bowl.
2. Mix all remaining ingredients in another bowl and then slowly to dry ingredients, whisking until smooth. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
3. Brush bottom of a heavy skillet or pancake griddle with coconut oil and set over medium heat. Heat until a drop of water sizzles and evaporates immediately.
4. Stir batter and then pour approximately ¼ cup of batter into 4 inch circles allowing plenty of space between each.
5. Cook until bubbles form on surface and edges are cooked. Flip to cook other side.
6. Serve immediately topped with your choice of fresh berries.
VITAL BREAKFAST BAR
- 300g rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen berries of your choice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 200ml plant/based milk (we like oat or almond)
- 2 tablespoons Strawberry or Unflavoured Vital Protein
1. Preheat oven to 180C and line a baking tray with coconut oil or parchment paper.
2. Add all ingredients except for 1/2 cup of berries to food processor and blend until just combined.
3. Pour into lined baking tray, scatter over remaining berries and swirl mixture with knife.
4. Bake for 15-20mins.
5. Leave to cool and slice into bars.
VITAL BREAKFAST SMOOTHIE
- 1 large handful of spinach
- ¼ cup of oats u ½ cup frozen berries
- 2 tablespoons of Strawberry Vital Protein
- 1 teaspoon of almond butter u Splash of almond milk (adjust to your preferred consistency)
1. Combine all ingredients and blend until smooth
2. Serve and enjoy!
VITAL VANILLA PROTEIN SCONES
- 1 teaspoon bicarb
- 2 tablespoons of Vanilla Vital Protein
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon u 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 300g Oat flour (Grind oats in your food processor/blender as alternative
- 150g Plain flour u 200mL Almond milk
- 200mL Maple/agave/rice malt syrup (we used maple)
- 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil
CHIA JAM INGREDIENTS
- 1 cup of raspberries
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1 cup of water u 1 tablespoon of agave/rice malt syrup (optional)
- Coconut yoghurt to serve
- 1. Preheat your fan-forced oven to 180˚C and line a muffin tin with coconut oil (the heat from your hands will help melt the oil as you spread it).
- 2. Place all dry ingredients together in a bowl and mix together well using a whisk.
- 3. Add wet ingredients and continue to slowly whisk all the ingredients together until a batter is formed.
- 4. Pour the mixture into the muffin tin, and bake for around 25 minutes, or until a knife inserted has come out clean.
- 5. Leave your scones to cool in the tin (if you can wait that long), then serve with yoghurt and chia jam.
CHIA JAM METHOD
- 1. Throw all ingredients into your blender on high for around 3 seconds, then transfer to a small pot and gently bring to the boil, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Once your jam is bubbling, turn down the heat to simmer, and stir continuously for five minutes.
- 3. After five minutes or once your jam has thickened up nicely, transfer to a sterilised jar and refrigerate.